James crying in his bed. Mama enters the room, picks him up and proceeds to the rocking chair.
Mama: "Yes baby, Mama's got you"
James: contented sigh.
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Mr. James Edward Kerbs is 16 months old today. Since I'm about 15 months behind in my scrapbooking, I like to keep track of his milestones here so I can go back and look at my notes when I finally catch up in his memory book. LOL!
Here are my notes on James' past month:
* His biggest advances continue to be in his vocabulary. Just this past week he learned the words: "pizza, poop and airplane".
*For his entire 15th month, James spent the weekdays with his daddy. Every day when I get home, I am greeted by a very happy little boy and a proud daddy. It's so much fun watching them together!
* Last week James took his first visit to the ocean. He was a little overwhelmed by the sand, sounds, wind, water, etc. but he did well and had fun when he was distracted. His favorite things were to wave at airplanes, people, birds and dogs he saw along the shore.
* Prior to last week, James has only been on one roadtrip in his life. It was when he was only 4 months old and he was in the car for about 8 hours in one day. This past week he took two 11-hour car rides and he did wonderfully. Rod was so proud of him that he promised to buy James a custom Powerwheels with leather interior. Ha!
* Some of James' favorite books are: The Big Hungry Bear (can't remember the exact title), Pout Pout Fish and anything with pictures of animals. His favorite toys are: tractors and trains as well as things that he can make noise with. His favorite things to watch on TV are: Sid the Science Kid on PBS and Thomas the Tank Engine DVDs.
* James is really interested in music. He likes to listen to daddy play the guitar. Some songs he knows a few lines from include: Wheels on the Bus, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Happy Happy Home, The Trees are Gently Swaying and Pattycake.
Posted by Brooke at 7/18/2010 02:54:00 PM