Saturday, March 19, 2011
James is two years old. Wow. What an amazing journey we have been on these past two years! James has taught me so much and I look forward to many more years with my precious little angel. :)
Here are some things I want to remember about him at this age:
* He is such a polite little boy (most of the time!). He is good about saying "thank you" and "excuse me". The thing he struggles with is saying "please" because he is always in a hurry to get whatever he is asking for. LOL!
* He makes us laugh ALL the time. We have no idea where he got it but he has this little inside joke with himself where he bends sideways and says "akaw". He laughs at himself which makes us laugh, too. Someday we hope to figure out the meaning behind the joke.
* James is very self-confident. He constantly says things like, "good job, James!" or "wow, look at you". He even comforts himself by saying "what's wrong James? what's the matter?" whenever he is sad or hurt.
* He does not like large crowds of people or being in places that are noisy. He says "bye bye in his car" and whines until we leave. Hopefully he will outgrow this stage soon!
* James just got his 4th cousin this week...another boy! He cannot wait to meet baby Carter.
* Some of his favorite activities are: playing outside (he loves parks), reading books, playing on his train table, and watching TV (Elmo and trains are the current favorites).
* One of the best parts of my day is sitting with James at night and talking about the day. He doesn't speak in full sentences all the time (although he does use full sentences occasionally) but he is still able to get complex concepts across to me. At night he tells me all the things he did during the day and I find it so fascinating to hear his perspective on what the highlights of the day were.
* He is very social and always wants his favorite people in the same place at the same time. This past month he has become really attached to Tyce. It is so funny to watch them wrestle and play with each other. They are both such special little boys!
We are so blessed to have such an engaging and sweet son.
Posted by Brooke at 3/19/2011 03:58:00 PM