Thursday, April 22, 2010
Monday, April 19, 2010
James is so mobile and busy these days that it is hard to leave him alone for the length of time it takes to write a blog entry. Rod has been away a lot due to work which means I am the only one responsible for making sure this little toddler doesn't tear our house to shreds! Anyway, I will try to write more often.
* is walking really well. He still can't get up without holding onto something, but he is pretty steady once he gets up.
* is becoming opinionated about everything. He whines, pulls on your clothes, hits things out of your hands, etc. to try to communicate his requests. We are all looking forward to the time when he can use words!
*is learning more words every day. Some of his new ones include: dog, nod (from a song) and bath.
* is able to respond occasionally when asked a question. For instance, if I say "are you hungry?" he will either ignore me (meaning no) or say "mmmmmm" (meaning yes). It is really neat watching him learn.
* has 3 favorite things: dogs, books and the outdoors. He LIVES to be outside where he runs around in the back yard, pets the neighbor dogs through the fence, swings and plays with bubbles.
* typically sleeps from 8PM-7AM. I am loving the full nights of sleep!
* spends at least 20 minutes/day watching videos of himself on my iPhone. His favorite videos are those that show him playing with Daddy, Grandma Jo or Tyce.
* is a wonderful little boy who is showered with love every day!