What a fun little boy we have! He is a constant blur of motion but that's ok because he keeps us young. Here are some things I want to remember about James at this age:
* He is ALL about trains right now. About 20 times a day you will hear him say, "bye bye choo choo". The funniest thing is that he says this even when he can't see or hear a train.
* James loves watching Sid the Science Kid on TV, his favorite movie is a children's nursery rhyme DVD that I got for $2.99 at Ross, and he also loves watching Elmo or trains on Youtube.
* He learned how to walk backwards and spin around in circles this month.
* James is really interested in music. He likes it when we sing to him and now he is starting to sing along with us. He knows a couple of phrases from 15 different songs. It's so cute to hear him singing to himself in his crib or carseat.
* His vocabulary is about 8 times more advanced than most children his age. I read today that most 17 month olds can say 10 words. James can say EIGHTY words! Some of the most obscure include: starfish, Bert (from Sesame Street), penguin, glasses and stick. He also knows many names of his loved ones.
* In addition to the words he knows, James has mastered the sounds of over 30 animals and vehicles. He makes a really cute ambulance noise "weee-uuuu".
Here is a picture of my sweetheart with his most beloved possession...his blanket.