Happy 10-month birthday to my sweet little James! Our lives have been made so much richer by the addition of James to our family.
I think the last month has been full of more "firsts" than any other month in his life so far. James is learning new things every day and we are having so much fun watching him grow into his own little person.
* He experienced his first Christmas and New Years holidays this month.
* He learned how to clap and point.
* James has begun copying sounds. When we say "uh-oh" he says "uh". He also growls and makes other various noises when prompted.
* Can you believe that he now knows how to whistle? I've never met a 10-month old who could do that!
* He loves to open and close doors...everything from real full-sized doors to little doors on his toys or even flaps in books.
* Sadly, James had his first experience with antibiotics this month because he had an ear infection. We found out that he is just like Rod and I were when we were little...terrified of taking medicine. Thankfully he will take it by eating bread soaked in Amoxicillin. At night I add the medicine to his bottle and he doesn't seem to mind.
* When it comes to eating, he is all about the independence. He likes things that he can pick up and eat by himself. He refuses to eat off a spoon. Right now James' favorite food is string cheese.
* I still can't get him to drink out of a sippy cup. He likes taking sips out of regular cups but he makes a huge mess.
* Although he doesn't often smile for strangers he loves to be out in public. We make an effort to get him out of the house at least once per day.
* It is amazing how he recognizes the people who care for him daily. He can definitely pick them out of a crowd! Right now he stays with my Mom on Mondays, me on Tuesdays, Rae (my sister-in-law) on Wednesdays, and Rose (my mother-in-law) on Thursdays and Fridays. We are so thankful that he gets to stay with people who love him!
* James still thinks that the world revolves around Rod. Every evening when he sees his Daddy walking up the sidewalk he gets the biggest smile. When Rod enters the house, James wants to be held by him for no less than 15 minutes. He looks at Rod and smiles then looks at me and smiles. He sticks his finger in Rod's mouth and makes this "shhhh" sound that means he is happy. It's pretty cute!
* Our cats bring James lots of joy and entertainment. One time this month he got Beesley cornered and ended up getting scratched on his face. This has not deterred him from chasing the cats every chance he gets.
* I really need to get a good video to show you how he can "shake his booty". He loves music and shakes his head back and forth as his way of dancing. Even when music is not playing, I can say, "shake your booty" and he will shake his head.
* Size-wise he finally reached the 20 lb mark and continues to be in the 95th percentile for height. He wears size 12 month clothes.