Monday, April 6, 2009

My Sentiments Exactly


James and I are sad today because Rod had to return to work. It was so nice having him home for 2 1/2 weeks. During his time off he took care of our every need and now we're on our own. I'm sure we will survive just fine but it will be a lot more work for me and won't be nearly as fun without Rod. Although we will miss him, we are so thankful for the sacrifices he makes for us (not the least of which is driving an hour and 20 minutes each way to work). I suppose his absence during the day will just make the evenings that much more special.

7 comments:

Mr. Kerbs said...

I'll be home soon JamesE.

GAC said...

Oh I remember that feeling. We missed Daddy so much - still do! The fantastic part of it is that JamesE has such a fantastic Daddy and Mommy! How lucky can a little kid get? :-)

Cat said...

Awww, it'll be okay!

Cherie said...

Aww, that is the saddest face ever! Hang in there!

I am sure Rod is also counting down the minutes until get can come home too.
About 10 minutes before Lenny was to get home we would sit on the couch and look out the window until we saw his car. The boys still do that. Maybe thats why they love cars so much? lol

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks already! really?!

jinxi~ aka angi said...

Exactly!
And what a CUTE sleeper!

Kimmy said...

awww. I remember me and dylan were awake when Cliff left back to work that day and the two of us had a nice little cry cuddling on the couch together. :( Did you make it out shopping by yourself with James for the first time? Hope so! I love his sleeper too. :)

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

awww... so sad. I'm sure he's missing you guys too!