James is 6 months old today. I think back to six months and 1 day ago and wonder how I ever survived without him! My life has been made so much richer by getting to know little James. Here are some things I want to remember about him at 6 months:
* He loves to move! People constantly comment to me about his movement. I think he is going to be one energetic little man just like his daddy. In fact, he wants to walk so badly that we cannot get him to sit on his own. He won't bend!
* James really enjoys anything that is new. He is already bored with all of his toys. As soon as he sees a new toy he gets super excited.
* He is eating all kinds of baby foods and even a few big people foods (like smashed up bananas or cantelope in the mesh feeder). The only thing he doesn't care for is peas, but he still eats them.
* At night he typically sleeps from 8-6:30 and gets up for a 15-minute bottle around 2.
* As I mentioned in my last entry, he now has two teeth. Of course, wtih the teeth comes LOTS of drool. His shirt is almost always soaked.
* He loves animals. The cats provide endless hours of entertainment for him. Unfortunately, they are learning to keep their distance because he now has enough control of his hands to be able to grab them when they walk by. When he does get a hold of them he immediately pulls them towards his mouth like a chewtoy. You can only imagine their displeasure!
* James already has us laughing several times a day. He comes up with the craziest faces. If I hand James over to Rod when he gets home, Rod usually gets lots of slobbery kisses and smiles. Then James looks over at me with this devilish little grin like he found someone that is SO much better than me!
* He is really tall which makes finding clothes that fit almost impossible. Shirts/onesies are ok but he is too tall and skinny to fit baby pants. He is currently in 6-9 month clothes but the pants are always falling down. I wonder if they make big and tall baby clothes.
* James is such a sweet and happy (as long as he has enough sleep) little boy. We love him so much and can't wait to see how his personality continues to develop into a wonderful little boy.