Here are some things I want to remember about James at this age.
*He loves noises. It seems like each day he discovers a new noise. Last week he started making this deep growl that Rod and I can't even do. He also likes to do a spitty "shhhh" sound. The squealing hasn't completely stopped but at least he mixes that in with other noises! He is fascinated when I make different noises at him and it is fun watching him try to copy me.
* James still loves to be outside even though the weather is getting cooler. He enjoys walks in the stroller, sitting on the porch watching the cars go by, and watching the trees go by as we ride in the car.
* He is definitely starting to recognize that Mommy is the best for cuddling with and Daddy is the most fun playmate in the whole world. Every time either of us walks in the room he gives us a huge smile.
* Crawling is definitely the next thing on his agenda. He gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth. Sometimes he scoots backwards but usually it ends in him pushing forward and smashing his face on the ground.
* He has the strength and balance to sit if we trick him into it, but he will not willingly sit because he would much rather be standing up.
* He hasn't met a baby food that he doesn't like. The mesh feeder continues to be a great source of nutrition and entertainment for James. He also loves teether biscuits but he doesn't get them unless I have the energy to clean him from head to toe in addition to the floor, high chair, and wall. He makes a huge meses with them.
*Cause and effect are starting to make sense to him. Every time we walk by a lightswitch he reaches out and tries to turn the light off. He also makes a little "huh" noise if he wants your attention, then he laughs when you turn and look at him.
* Every day is a new adventure for our little guy and we can already see his love for learning.