Tuesday, October 28, 2008

57 days until Christmas!!!

I am so excited about Christmas this year. That's nothing different because Christmas has always been my favorite day of the year! The whole Christmas season has so many great traditions and memories for me. Some of my favorite things are: buying and wrapping gifts, the smell of cinnamon when you walk into a retail store, making cookies, Christmas specials on TV, decorating the tree (although my sisters and I have a tradition of complaining the whole time we are helping Mom with the tree), and of course watching people's faces when they open their gifts.

Rod is hoping that I stick to our Christmas budget this year because he knows for the next 18+ years I will not be able to keep from buying our kids tons of fun presents!

So, tell me what you're looking forward to this Christmas season.

7 comments:

jinxi~ aka angi said...

Seeing the joy/twinkle in Hunters eyes. There is nothing like it. I cant wait for you to be able to add that to your list!
I love the mix of cinnamon and vanilla and the music and wrapping! Glad Im not the only one!... oh and the food... good gracious the food!
Oh myyyyy.... ;)

Angela said...

Mmm...Christmas decorations! Troy was fascinated by the lights last year...I can't wait to hear him chatter about them this year! Also, persimmon cookies, Auntie Vi's fudge and cranberry-lemon bread!! (And beginning to feel the baby kick and an ultrasound). Oh yeah, and definitely the music!! :)

Anonymous said...

Christmas is my favorite time of year! I LOVE hearing the Christmas music. I love the decorations. I love decorating the tree with my girls. I love the children's excitement. I love the promise of snow (we're suppose to get a lot more this year than last year!). I love shopping! I love driving my "Ba Hum Bug" husband crazy! j/k. I love eating! I love getting together with my great big, fun, crazy family!

Brooke said...

Oh yeah, I agree that all food tastes better at Christmas time!

Cathy, I saw some snow today on Braddock mountain and a friend of mine told me they got a couple of inches this morning in Cumberland!

Anonymous said...

Oh, snow! That's wonderful news. It must be a sign of things to come! :-) I still get that silly, giddy feeling like I did as a kid. Snow days! I guess growing up in a house full of teachers made snow days all that more awesome! Rose gets the same giddy feeling. Neither one of us can sleep at night if it's calling for snow. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Watching my two boys at Christmas. Making candy and cookies with them. Decorating the house and watching them light up when they sit right below the Christmas tree the first night. Buying gifts. The family get togethers. What's not to love?

Cat said...

Are you guys going to buy the baby presents this year?